Cannot hear

So I have an Xair 18, I downloaded the app for my IPhone 7 and when I open the app everything synced and I see all the faders and signals moving. There is no issues there. I just cannot hear the audio through my phone. My other musicians have Note 9 & 10’s and IPhones. And none of us cannot hear the audio. We plug our Ear buds in and we hear nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing a step?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • ETET
    edited December 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down

none of us cannot hear the audio

The XR18 does not transmit audio wirelessly. No digital mixer does.

The XR18 has six auxiliary outputs, which are typically sent to stage monitors or in-ear monitors. Xair Monitor Mixer lets you remotely control the mixes for these outputs. That's it.

• Oh ok got it. That makes sense. So I connect headphones or monitors through the outs and control my signal through the app

• So I connect headphones or monitors through the outs and control my signal through the app

Yup. You'll find that wireless monitor systems are pretty expensive, mostly because they have proprietary wireless technology because WiFi introduces latency. There are WiFi systems, like Audiofusion, but you need a really expensive router ($350+), but you still get latency and, worse, dropouts.