XR12 Experience

I tested the app on the XR12 with my iPhone 6 and everything seems to work fine. Compared to the ‘XR16 Experience’ discussion my experiences are:

• VU meters light up on empty channels
  • Bus names and colors are visible
  • The first time the wrong sliders were moving (if I touched channel 4, channel 1 was moving). After a restart of the app it worked fine and I had no glitches in moving the sliders (using external wifi router).

My wish list:

• I recommend to add a button ‘change IP address’. Logging in was a bit confusing. As usual, I was to lazy to read the instructions first, so it was nog clear I could change the IP address by clicking on it.

• Show the bus name on the slider screen

• Is it possible to add a button to choose the FOH mix? Thuis app is so much cleaner than the alternative (X Air FMP Remote) that I’d prefer to use it for simple volume changes of the main mix. I know your intention is that musicians can’t do that, but maybe you can add extra password protection?

Compliments for the simple and clutterfree app that does its job!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thanks so much for testing!

VU meters light up on empty channels

Yeah, I included a bug in this build. Will be fixed in the next.

The first time the wrong sliders were moving (if I touched channel 4, channel 1 was moving).

That's very worrisome. Can't imagine what could cause that.

I recommend to add a button ‘change IP address’. Logging in was a bit confusing.

What about putting an "edit" icon next to the IP address?

Show the bus name on the slider screen

Been thinking about that. Any ideas on how to best do it without cluttering the screen?

Is it possible to add a button to choose the FOH mix? Thuis app is so much cleaner than the alternative (X Air FMP Remote) that I’d prefer to use it for simple volume changes of the main mix. I know your intention is that musicians can’t do that, but maybe you can add extra password protection?

It would be trivial to implement. I guess I could add it as an option? The idea is to prevent accidental altering of the mains. Preventing malicious, deliberate altering of the mains would add way too much complexity to your setup (to implement password protection and protect the mixer from other apps, you'd have to hide the mixer behind a firewall and require login to a proxy server). So I don't think it would be that bad to add an option to access the mains, and maybe popup a warning if you turn it on.

• What about putting an "edit" icon next to the IP address?

That would be perfect: it shows you can change it and it is very compact.

Show the bus name on the slider screen

>

Been thinking about that. Any ideas on how to best do it without cluttering the screen?

What about moving the settings icon to the lower left corner (red arrow) and place the bus name in the remaining space (yellow arrow)? If you colour the bus name letters white on a black background they are visually different from the channel names and more related to the general settings icon.

So I don't think it would be that bad to add an option to access the mains, and maybe popup a warning if you turn it on.

I agree with you.

• since the only really important function of that "settings" button is in fact to change which aux you're on, just lose the gear thing, add the name for the aux to that spot (maybe in bold or with a border or something) and make it so touching that name box gets you to the settings page.